Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Oops I did it again! Another Maya with a twist

Yup, another Maya, what can I say, I love this pattern!😊







After a lot of drafting and making of slips, strings bodysuits etc that I have to do for my degree, I needed a break from it and what better to make than a great fitting bra?😜

I recently paid a visit to the biggest lingerie materials store in the Netherlands and came home with 3 full bags of pretty pretty things!πŸ’• I bought a bit of everything (a 'bit'...πŸ˜‚), of course lace as well!

I've had this idea for a Maya for a while now, I wanted to make the bottom cup(s) padded but the top cup sheer, preferably with lace. In my haul, I bought mostly light pink and beige cute lace but I also got this crimson/purple/pink lace I thought would fit with this project.






I have nothing to say about pattern changes since my pattern already fits me perfectly.
I cut the bottom 2 cup pieces out of padding and lace and my top cup out of lace and bra tulle. I zigzagged my bottom cup pieces together and also the top edge of the foam. The upper layer (aka the lace and bra tulle) I put together as usual. I pinned my lace to my foam and stitched all around the cup and across the diagonal cup seam so that my top layer will stay put and not move around the top of the foam. I would have finished the top of the cups with some neckline edge elastic trim thingy but guess what I forgot to buy...πŸ’©






The band has got some layers..! The whole band is made with powernet but since I don't want my cradle to stretch at all, I lined it with bra tulle. I of course had to make it prettier than just brown, so I added some lace to the sides of the cradle. I also cut out a piece from the lace and added it the bridge.
The rest was done as usual, picot elastic e.t.c.

The back closure and bra straps came from the bra graveyard, they belonged to a 2 sizes too small bra that I used to think that fit meπŸ˜‚.






And that's about it!







The only mistake that I've spotted is that I didn't stretch the lace enough over the foam and it's bulging up a bit... Oh well, I learned something again: stretch that lace!!










I πŸ’– it! I'd say that's the best and prettiest one so far! What do you think?πŸ˜ƒ


No comments:

Post a Comment